Workshops and Conferences
Workshops and Conferences
Enhanced Performance Monitoring Workshops
As part of the DS3 programme, EirGrid and SONI will host Enhanced Performance Monitoring Workshops.
The objective of these workshop are to present the proposals for the Enhanced All-Island Performance Monitoring process and get feedback from industry on these proposals. The outline agenda is:
- A Day in the Life of Performance Monitoring 2013
- Performance Monitoring from a Generator’s Perspective
- A Day in the Life of Performance Monitoring 2015 – This part of the workshop will focus on the Enhanced All-Island Performance Monitoring proposals for transmission connected customers. The high level data, calculations, reporting and TSO/generator interface will be presented for discussion. Where possible feedback from these discussions will be inputted into the development of the final process.
Who should attend:
It is recommended that those who are involved in ongoing Grid Code compliance attend. This includes but is not limited to:
- Station Managers;
- Operation Managers;
- Performance/Process staff;
- Commercial staff; and
- Regulatory staff.
Location and Dates:
- The full day workshop (10:00-16:00) will be run in Belfast and Dublin. The agenda will be the same on both days.
- Workshops will be held in The Mount Business and Conference Centre, Woodstock Road, Belfast on the 6th of June and in EirGrid, The Oval, 160 Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin on the 11th June.
- Please use our online registration form here and indicate which workshop you will attend.
- The final agenda and further information will be circulated closer to the date.
EirGrid Customer Connections Forum
The Customer Connections Forum took place on the 16th of April in the Clyde Court Hotel in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. The forum was very well attended and there was excellent engagement and participation from the attendees.
If you were in attendance, we would appreciate your feedback on this event to inform us when planning future events and communications - in particular on Gate 3. Please take a moment to fill out our feedback form here
Session 1 Presentation
- Gate 3 - Constraints Studies and Reports
Session 2 Presentations
- Tie Breaks Decision – TSO All-Island Operational Requirements
- Updates on Controllability Requirements, Grid Code and DS3 Testing Review
- Gate 3 Offer Execution
DS3 Industry Forum
As part of the DS3 programme (Delivering a Secure Sustainable Electricity System), EirGrid and SONI are committed to engaging with all our customers and stakeholders through regular and open communications. EirGrid and SONI hosted a DS3 Industry Forum in The Mount Business & Conference Centre, Belfast on Tuesday the 9th of April.
The presentation slides are published online and can be found here
SEM Stakeholder Forum
The second SEM Stakeholder Forum took place on the 4th of April in The Mount Business & Conference Centre, Belfast. This series of fora represent an opportunity for all interested parties to influence developments at a European level which will have major implications for all-island electricity market.
The presentation slides from the recent Forum on European Developments are now published online.
ENTSO-E Network Code – Load Frequency Control and Reserves Code Information Session
The web based consultation on the Load Frequency Control and Reserves Code (LFC&R) was launched by ENTSO-E on the 1st Feb 2013 and will close on the 2nd April 2013. In line with this consultation, EirGrid and SONI hosted an information session on the code on the 28th March 2013, in EirGrid Offices.
The presentations from the Session are available below:
All Island Generator Forum
The All Island Generator Forum took place on the 7th March 2013 in the Mount Conference Centre Belfast. The event was well attended with approximately 80 attendees. The presentations covered a number of topics, including Interconnection and trading, DS3, Network Codes, Generation Adequacy and Grid Code testing. A customer presentation was made by Peter Baillie of Energia Renewables.
A copy of the presentation slides from the day can be found below:
SEM Stakeholder Forum 2013
The 1st SEM RAs/TSO Stakeholder Forum on European Developments with the Framework Guidelines and Network Codes was held on 17th January 2013. The event was well attended by industry and the presentations can be downloaded below.
The dates of future fora for 2013 will be provided to industry shortly. The fora are expected to occur on a bimonthly basis henceforth. The location of the fora will rotate between Belfast and Dublin. This fora represents an opportunity for all interested parties to influence developments at a European level which will have major implications for the All Island Electricity Market.
Please click on the below links to access the presentations:
- SEM RAs presentation on ACER developments and Framework Guidelines
- EirGrid/SONI presentation on ENTSO-E developments and Network Codes
- ESB Presentation
EirGrid Customer Connections Forum 2012
The EirGrid Customer Connections Forum took place on Tuesday the 11th of December 2012.
The forum provided an explanation of how the latest FAQ results have been calculated and the impact that this has had on customers scheduled Firm Access dates and also on their Associated Transmission Reinforcements.
Please click on the below links to access the presentations:
- Firm Access Quantity (FAQ) Analysis
- Associated Transmission Reinforcements (ATRs)
- Gate 3 Constraints Studies
- Customer Communications Plans for FAQs and ATRs
We hope you found the Customer Connections Forum beneficial. If you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link below:
EirGrid Group Customer Conference 2012
The EirGrid Group Customer Conference took place on the 25th of October in the Ballymascanlon House Hotel, Dundalk. The presentations from the Conference are available below:
Session 1 - Keynote Session
Session 2 - Group Wide Updates
Parallel Stream 1 - Regional Market Development Stream
Parallel Stream 2 - Smart Grid and Innovation in collaboration with the National Digital Research Centre
Smart Grid Innovation Hub Pitch Contest
Network Codes Workshop - 24th October 2012
EirGrid and SONI hosted a Network Codes workshop in Dublin on Wednesday the 24th October 2012. We are committed to continuing to work with the Regulators to keep you informed on the Network Code development process as it progresses across the various codes.
The workshop presentations alongside an update provided by the Regulatory Authorities, on the role of the Regulators in the Network Code development process, are available here:
Entsoe Network Code - Demand Connection Code Information Session - 2nd August 2012
The web based consultation on the Demand Connection Code (DCC) was launched by ENTSO-E on the 27th June 2012 and will close on the 12th September 2012. In line with this consultation, EirGrid hosted an information session on the code on the 2nd August 2012 in the Crowne Plaza, Dundalk.
The presentations from the Session are available here:
Availability Active Power Signal Workshop - 9th August 2012
On the 9th August 2012, EirGrid hosted a workshop to discuss the Availability Active Power Signal which is required by the TSO for operation of the wind farm and in the SEM for scheduling and payment.
The presentations from the workshop are available here:
EirGrid Customer Connections Forum - 17th May 2012
On the 17th of May EirGrid hosted a Customer Connections Forum primarily aimed at Gate 3 applicants and generators who are contracted to connect to the grid. The following topics were covered at the forum:
- Gate 3 Firm Access Quantities
- Short Circuit Studies for Connecting Generators
- Dynamic Analysis - why is this important for new generators?
- EirGrid’s E-Application Project
- Update on Grid 25 - Grid West and Grid Link
The presentations from the forum are available at the links below:
Network Code Requirements for Generators - 19th of January 2012
In line with European practice for Network Codes (https://www.entsoe.eu/resources/network-codes/) EirGrid, on behalf of ENTSO-E, held an information and discussion session on the Network Code Requirements for Generators in advance of ENTSO-E’s public consultation on same on the 19th January 2012 in Dundalk The session was of particular relevance to all generators on the island.
Information on the Network Code requirements for Generators can be found on the ENTSO-E website at:
The presentations given at the session can be viewed at the links below.
Customer Connections Forum - 24th November 2011
On the 24th of November 2011, EirGrid hosted it's 3rd Customer Connections Forum. The presentations are available by clicking on the links below:
- Transmission Network Optimisation - Mario Duarte
- Short Circuit Reinforcements Review - Cormac McCarthy
- Update on Temporary Connections Process - Niall Bishop
On the 20th of October 2011, EirGrid hosted the EirGrid Group Annual Conference in the Ballymascanlon House Hotel, Dundalk. The presentations from the forum are available below:
- European Energy Infrastructure Priorities - José Antonio Hoyos Pérez
- Regulator Update - Shane Lynch, Utility Regulator
- Grid Development in a changing Environment - Louis Fisher, EirGrid
- Delivering Grid25 - Deborah Meghen, EirGrid
- East West Interconnector – Delivery Challenges - John Fitzgerald, EirGrid
- SEM Operations Review - Liam Ryan, SEMO
- Market Development- Intraday Trading in the SEM, 2012 - David Stevens, SEMO
- ENTSO-E Day Ahead and Intraday Target Model Progress - Rodney Doyle, EirGrid
- All-Island Power System Review - Alex Baird, SONI
- Managing Dispatch Balancing Costs - Gill Nolan, EirGrid
- Delivering a Secure Sustainable Electricity System - Yvonne Coughlan, EirGrid
Customer Connections Forum - 20 July 2011
On the 20th of July 2011, EirGrid hosted a Customer Connections Forum. The forum covered the following topics:
Session 1: Interim Firm Access Decision and re-running the ITC Programme, Update on the Communication of Deep Reinforcement Associations and EirGrid Constraints Studies –Impact of Proposed Scheduling and Dispatch Decision
Session 2: Short Circuit Driven Reinforcements, Dynamic Analysis Process and Generator Obligations and Temporary Connections and the COPP Decision Paper
The presentations from the forum are available by clicking on the links below.
Power System Seminars
Click on the link below to view presetations and infomation regarding EirGrid's Power System Seminars convened by Power System Operations.
Workshops and Conferences Archive